I started this kit about a month after completing the "joy" picture for my Dad. I used to take it to school with me and work on it between classes. And then I moved, and packed everything up and this thing has been in storage for about eight years and turning into a UFO a.k.a. un-finished object in cross stitch lingo.
I finally fished it out about a week ago and realized it was about two hours of work away from being done, so I sat down and finished it. Again, I started this before I knew what I was doing and coming back to it now that I know what I'm doing was a little rough. I wanted to fix it but there was really no way to do it without taking it all apart. So I gritted my teeth and just finished it up. It's supposed to have the metallic decorative thread outlining the characters and making up the word "success" but I decided I didn't want to do that again without the proper supplies (i.e. some wax to run the thread over). So I just used black and I think it looks pretty!